Sunday, August 2, 2015

Not a scotch - Don Chelada Michelada Beer Booster and Hangover Helper

Today's review is of Don Chelada Michelada in Original Flavor because they were in a bargain bin at the grocery store. I'll be upfront and say that I have no idea what any of those words mean except Original and Flavor. But I can only assume it's Spanish for "wat?"



It's basically a styrofoam cup with some unnamed spices glued? to the rim. The cup says it has a mega moist rim and the cup does not lie. I have no idea how it's retained moisture but I can only assume it's bad that it has. It comes with a hefty packet of more of the rim seasoning inside.

The cup also says that it's a hangover booster. It doesn't say how but who am I to disagree?

The instructions are easy enough. Take off the plastic cover. Dump out the packet into the cup. Pour in 24oz of your favorite beer (or one you don't mind wasting) and consume.

It forms like mad. And the whole beer turns dark orangey brown. We used Guinness American Lager.

In short it tastes like poop.

It's not spicy but it burns the lips. I can't imagine what the spicy flavor does to your insides. I can't place the flavor but it's familiar. I would not buy this again and I probably won't even finish the drink. Aaron and I were going to split it but he took a sip and just said "no".

All in all this is something you should pair with natty ice or mickey's wide mouth, nothing of value. I feel like I wasted a good beer.

50/100. Take a pass on this.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to add that the only way this will stop you from having a hangover is by forcing you to pace yourself due to the taste.

    ReplyDelete