Sunday, April 17, 2016

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Aaron went to Bevmo to get some mead before they sold out for the return of Game of Thrones which, by the way, I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR. Unfortunately they didn't have any of the 7 Kingdom's beers which is a major bummer. But while he was there he picked out a new scotch. I'm going in blind - I know absolutely nothing about this one but he had a coupon so let's have at it!

Cost: $71.00 at Bevmo
Alcohol Content: 54.2%
Method: Neat
Color: Oakish?
Nose:  My husband is over here saying it smells like bacon. I think he needs to get his face checked. Beggin strips maybe... but it mostly smells like smoked wood and vanilla. It does not smell bad but I know it's probably going to taste like medicine. The wood smelling ones always do.

Husbands don't know it's not bacon.

Taste: Ick. It burns right off the bat. It tastes like it's cold if that makes any sense. But it's not a good taste. If my kids were dicking around in the kitchen and I noticed that the cupboards under the sink weren't locked and I picked them up and smelled their mouths and it smelled like this tastes I would assume they swallowed furniture polish or wood cleaner or something. It's like licking a janitor or bowling alley shoes while having someone taze your mouth.
Finish: Harsh. Regret. I hope he 71 dollars likes this because I think this is liquid bullshit. A hint of lemon.
Notes: Yeah so if you have pica and you enjoy eating handfuls of bark-chips and peated garden soil this should be right up your alley.

55/100 It doesn't have any nasty super sweet artificial flavors but it's not good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment