Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Glenkinchie 10

Aaron and I signed up for some scotch club that would send us 3 drams of different scotches. We decided not to continue with it since it wasn't monthly (which we had assumed when we signed up) so we just have the 3 to review.

This one is the first.

Alcohol Content: Company didn't send that information (or at least I'm not seeing it) but I don't think it's crazy out of the norm or anything.
Price: For this dram? 20 bucks if you split the cost of the membership up among the samples.
Method: Neat
Nose: Smells a little bit like stale urine. Like musty musty urine. But not like hobo smell where it's beer urine. This is old man urine spilled bedpan urine. Hints of citrus.
Oh god I don't want to try this.
Color: Unsurprisingly the color is also urine. Like first thing in the morning with a hangover you need water STAT urine. Yum.
Taste: Thankfully doesn't taste like urine. Very sweet. Feels cold in the mouth.
Finish: Burn and sugar. After taste of honey. Kind of reminds me of Dewars honey coated shame but not as bad by a long shot. Like this is what Dewars should have been.
Notes; I mean it's alright. It smells awful but it's not a *terrible* scotch. Would I buy this again? No. Do I think it was worth 20 bucks for a dram? God no. Maybe it tasted so disappointing because I can't get over how much this stupid club costs.
Score: 65/100

No comments:

Post a Comment